Thought for the Week

  • "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O most High." Psalm 9: 1-2

Grandma and Joel

Grandma and Joel

Sunday, July 8, 2007

If you know me, you know I love my birds! Wilma and I are always trying to steal each others birds by giving the best food (especially the hummingbirds) ...but I guess there's enough to go around. ....Anyway......I heard that if you want to keep the ants out of your hummingbird feeder just put a little vaseline on the rod going towards the feeder and they won't go in...so, I thought it was worth a try. The other evening Mike and I were on the patio (watching the birds and other creatures) when a red-headed woodpecker decided to sit on the pole that my feeder was on. As we watched him, he did a slow slide down the pole, kind of like a very slow fireman.....only upside down....what a weird sight! Guess that proves it not only keeps ants away but woodpeckers also!
Gail

No comments: