Thought for the Week

  • "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O most High." Psalm 9: 1-2

Grandma and Joel

Grandma and Joel

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Winter in Minnesota











We hope everyone has had a great Christmas season and look forward to a wonderful New Year.l For our family scattered across the country, here is a little bit of Minnesota! Although, you guys in Oregon have pictures to rival this. The first, just to show you the "snow level" at home, although we have had more snow since then. Then, Mike and I did some hard-core ice fishing on Mille Lacs this week. The picture of the ice houses is the day we were fishing all day.
Extremely blizzardy/windy, windchills down in the 2o/30 belows....are we crazy or what.
Note the out house on the middle of the lake.....don't want to drink too much fluids as this isnt something you want to have to do. Just showed a picture of the fish hole for Kelly Bradshaw as she couldnt believe we actually drove out on and were sitting on the lake. Then, for you boys.....dad's new toy....his ice auger. Didn't get alot of fish, but enjoyed watching them in the camera playing with the bait. I did get 2 perch, too small to keep.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm still trying to figure out how ice fishing can be fun, but glad you guys had a chance to get away! Thanks for the update Mom :-)

Karen said...

It's fun when you're with your best friend....anything can be!
Although towards evening and with frozen toes...it was beginning to be NOT FUN! so we went back to our room.

Mike and Gail said...

Wasnt that funny! I guess my computer literacy is evident here!
That last comment was by Gail not Karen! Oh well.

Karen said...

Haha! I was still logged into your computer!!!! That was really funny... Glad you guys had fun