Thought for the Week

  • "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O most High." Psalm 9: 1-2

Grandma and Joel

Grandma and Joel

Thursday, June 7, 2007

SLOW DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!

As you probably know Mike is at a jobsite on 494 that is working nights for awhile. He's in that world of trying to sleep during the day and drink enough caffeine to get through the night...you know what I mean...we've all been there!
But, you probably think, at least it's quiet. Wrong, wrong, wrong...you have to remember this is the time when all the crazies and drunks are on the road. I would hope that most people understand the large signs that say ROAD CLOSED and SLOW DOWN CONSTRUCTION. But alot of people think this doesn't include them, including:
One inebriated man (2.2 on the scale), that proceeded to knock all the cones down and actually hit the large hand tool in the hands of one of the crew!
Or the lady that went past the signs and stopped by the guys (stopping in the soft tar); when told she couldn't go up the ramp she said "but I live THERE I have to go up THAT ramp,"
So if you think of it or are up at 2AM you can certainly pray for Mike and all the other hiway guys out there!
Thanks.

No comments: