Thought for the Week

  • "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O most High." Psalm 9: 1-2

Grandma and Joel

Grandma and Joel

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Up at the Cabin

We just got back Tuesday night from Mike's parent's cabin....What a beautiful 3 days! It's so quiet and relaxing up there! Since it's just Mike and I it's really quiet! We do miss the kids at times. I try to make up for the boys not being there and try to do as many "guy things" as I can. 'Went fishing at Clear Lake one afternoon....it was really fun. We caught about 20 sunfish, Mike finally said, we have to quit, i don't want to clean any more fish! I tried my best to be one of the guys! I took alot of my fish off the hook, UGH, and baited alot of my hooks! Lost alot of worms as "I wasn't putting them on right", Mike gave me some petrified maggots???? - at least they didn't move! and I just put my brain in the same mode as (when I have to touch something unusually unpleasant in my nursing job) and then it was easy! In the end I had to resort to leaches......Mike said "Just let them suck the end of your thumb and hook it under the sucker! YucK......but I did it ......Fun was had by all (except the fish, leaches, worms and maybe the maggots?).
It's great exploring the new "Empty Nest" life! We're finding new things to do together and having great talks! We do miss the kids but thank goodness for the internet and cell phones so we can keep in touch! Gail

No comments: